Tuesday, June 19, 2018

My Library's Adult Summer Reading Challenge

I know that I said that I was going to continue talking about my internship, but I decided to, instead, write about the reading challenge my local library is hosting.


So, yeah, it's an interesting thing, a Monopoly-ish knock-off. But it's cute, and it's another excuse to let me read this summer. Both me and my mom are participating, since the prize for participating—if our names are picked out of the draw—is an iPad mini. I'm so hoping one of us wins, since then Mom could use the iPad mini to read books on the Kindle app.

My mom has become addicted to those Love Inspired/Harlequin novellas, but she can't afford to pay $4.99 a pop right now.

I'm so thrilled that she has found something she likes to do now that I'm out of the house for most of the day every day!

So the rules for this challenge are:
  1. Complete each square and return to the library before 8pm on Friday, September 21st, 2018.
  2. For each book you read, record the title and author. No duplication of titles; only one square per book.
  3. Books must be read between June 21st and September 21st, 2018.
So the books I have to read are ones with:
  • A colour in the title
  • A book you can finish in a day
  • An author you've (I've) never heard of
  • A Graphic Novel
  • A book published in 2018
  • Read a biography/true story
  • A book that everyone's read but you (me)
  • Read a book that makes you (me) laugh
  • Borrow an ebook from the library
  • Read a book outside your (my) usual genre
  • Read a book set in a country you (I) have never visited
  • Read the first book in a series
  • Listen to an audiobook/eAudiobook
  • Read a book that was turned into a movie
  • Read a library staff recommendation
  • Read a book written by a Canadian author
I've already got a few books lined up. The one I've got for the 'Library Staff Recommendation' is The Sword of Shannara by Terry Brooks. And I could probably use The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien for the 'Book Turned into a Movie' one. Once I've thought about it, I'll probably have more. Like Quietus by Tristan Palmgren for 'Book Published in 2018'.

I'm so excited. This challenge could help towards my Century of Books book challenge that I've been doing since January. I love reading, and I'm glad to have another excuse to read all the time (or when I can, lol).


No comments:

Post a Comment

Ranger's Apprentice: The Battle for Skandia, a review

The Battle for Skandia . John Flanagan. 2006. Puffin Books. Pages: 294. Price: USD $8.99/$11.99 CAN. Setting: Skandia. ISBN 0142413402. [S...