Thursday, June 2, 2016

Period Drama Challenge April & May Tag Questions

1. What period dramas did you view in April & May?
I viewed The Princess Bride and Belle in April. Unfortunately, I didn't view anything in May. I was busy in May with trying to get a job and reading From This Moment and working on my poem collection project "Blue Jays & Rainy Days". I aim to fix that this month, before I'm caught up with moving to our new home :3 I also attempted to watch "To the Ends of the Earth" last month but couldn't even stomach the first episode. :P

2. Do you prefer to watch period dramas that have a happy ending or a bittersweet ending?
I prefer happy endings over bittersweet ones. I remember watching a Civil War era film some years ago about a Yankee soldier and a foal, and in the end the soldier died during a battle shortly after he and a soldier from the south worked to pull the foal out of the river in the middle of the battlefield. The Yankee soldier was the main character! He wasn't supposed to die!

3. What media forms do you prefer to use when watching period dramas (i.e. purchased DVDs, rented/borrowed DVDs, Netflix, Amazon Prime, Hulu)?
I prefer to watch DVDs I've purchased and I use Netflix liberally, since ordering anything from the library takes too long and my town doesn't have a rental store anymore. I also don't have CraveTV, and Hulu's not available in Canada yet.

4. Which period drama character's wardrobe would you like to own?
I would have to say that I would love to either have Dr. Julia Ogden's (Murdoch Mysteries) wardrobe or Olivia King's (Road to Avonlea) wardrobe. They're both so spectacular! Even though I'd rather not have to wear a skirt.

5. What period dramas are you looking forward to viewing in June 2016?
I hope that I can watch either a few episodes or an entire season of Murdoch Mysteries. Thankfully, each season isn't very long, but if I want to have a life outside my computer, I might only be able to view a few episodes :/ I might also watch one of the Chronicles of Narnia movies, if I'm able to find them. I think either The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe or Prince Caspian may be in my family's massive black movie case...

I might also watch Tuck Everlasting, since I've been wanting to watch it again, but I have to borrow it from the library.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ranger's Apprentice: The Battle for Skandia, a review

The Battle for Skandia . John Flanagan. 2006. Puffin Books. Pages: 294. Price: USD $8.99/$11.99 CAN. Setting: Skandia. ISBN 0142413402. [S...